Cost-push impact of motor spirit price on price indices and inflation
AbstractAny increment in the prices of goods or services generally leads to an increase in different products prices indices and inflation. This paper examines the cost-push impact of a motor spirit price increment in Iran on different products prices indices and inflation. An Input-Output (I-O) table adjustment approach is applied. Iran input- output table for the year 2001-2002 is used as database. The empirical results of the model show how the cost-push impact of a 25% increment in the motor spirit price leads to an increment in different products prices indices, but the maximum effect of this increment, which is on transportation services prices, does not exceed 0.7492%. In addition, the cost-push effect of this increase on the Production Prices Index (PPI) is estimated at 0.2540%.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 07.11.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: May 2007
Date of revision:
Input-Output; Motor Spirit Pricing; Price model; Iran.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-06-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-06-11 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Fernández).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.