Impact of SME Policies on Innovation: The Turkish Case
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to explore the determinants of innovative capabilities in Turkish SMEs, with a particular emphasis on the impact of recent changes in science and technology policy. Two different analyses are conducted in order to evaluate both the decision to innovate and the propensity to innovate, using a unique firm-level survey realized among 50.000 SMEs. Our results suggest that the new policies did not manage to address the whole issues that are preventing Turkish SMEs to achieve a higher innovative capacity and growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics in its series Open Discussion Papers in Economics with number 70.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Web page: http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/about-the-faculty/departments/economics/research/discussion-papers.php
More information through EDIRC
Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises; technological capacity building; innovation; industrial/technology policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bascavusoglu-Moreau, Elif, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and the National System of Innovation: What is Missing in Turkey?," Working Paper Series wp2010-54, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IT team member).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.