Analysis of Price Transmission Along the Food Chain
AbstractThe interest in marketing margins and price transmission has recently gained remarkable momentum and the amount of studies on this subject is rapidly growing. There is a myriad of questions about prices and margins investigated by these studies, yet new questions are surfacing as markets and business practices change with an impressive speed. Wohlgenant (2001), in his survey on marketing margins, identifies some of the questions puzzling researchers and policy makers alike. For example: Are marketing margins too large? Why are margins different among products? How have...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by OECD Publishing in its series OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers with number 3.
Date of creation: Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karantininis, Kostas & Katrakylidis, Kostas & Persson, Morten, 2011. "Price Transmission in the Swedish Pork Chain: Asymmetric non linear ARDL," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114772, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010. "The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1328-1339, September.
- Pede, Valerien O. & Valera, Harold Glenn A. & Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & McKenzie, Andrew M., 2013. "Nonlinearities in Regional Rice Prices in the Philippines: Evidence from a Smooth Transition Autoregressive (STAR) Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150246, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Li, Xile & Saghaian, Sayed, 2013. "An Empirical Comparison of Coffee Price Transmission in Vietnam and Colombia," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150625, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cacchiarelli, L. & Lass, D. A. & Sorrentino, A., 2013. "CAP reform and price transmission in the pasta chain," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149925, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Holst, Carsten & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2010. "Einfluss Des Schweinezyklus Auf Die Preistransmission Zwischen Ferkel- Und Schlachtschweinepreisen In Niedersachsen," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93951, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Jensen, Jørgen Dejgård & Smed, Sinne, 2013. "The Danish tax on saturated fat – Short run effects on consumption, substitution patterns and consumer prices of fats," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 18-31.
- Petra Bubáková, 2012. "Agricultural Prices of Pork at the Regional Level and the Law of One Price," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(1), pages 39-51.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.