Comparing the Socio-Economic Determinants of Men's and Women's International Soccer Performance
AbstractWe compare the determinants of women's and men's international soccer performance and find that partially different variables are important in the two contexts. While economic and demographic influences hold for both, the particular political and cultural factors differ. These differences highlight the greatly different economic, political and social significance of the sport depending whether it is played by men or women.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Europe-Asia Business Research in its series CEABuR Working Papers with number 1.
Date of creation: 11 Aug 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Phone: +603 8924 8000
Fax: +603 8924 8002
Web page: http://ampang.nottingham.edu.my/business/ceabur/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Victor Matheson & Robert Hoffmann & Chew Ging Lee & Bala Ramasamy, 2005. "Comparing the Socio-Economic Determinants of Men's and Women's International Soccer Performance," Working Papers 0508, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Recreation; Tourism
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mourão, Paulo Reis, 2008. "Local development and competitive soccer teams location. The Portuguese case," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 12, pages 135-143.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bala Ramasamy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.