Does Gnp Have a Unit Root? a Reevaluation
AbstractStock and Watson (1986) Tests the Hypothesis That Real Per Capita Gnp Has a Unit Root by Using a Test Statistic Due to Phillips (1985) Which Incorporates a Nonparametric Correction for the Serial Correlation Induced by System and Error Dynamics. the Version of This Test That Is Used by Stock and Watson Does Not Accomodate the Presence of a Drift and to Compensate They Detrend the Series by Extracting a 1.5% Annual Trend Growth. We Use a Version of This Class of Nonparametric Tests, Developed by Phillips and Perron (1986), Which Allows for an Estimated Drift and Reassess the Stock and Watson Findings.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 8640.
Length: 13P. pages
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Research Methods ; Time Series ; Economic Equilibrium;
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mukhtar M. Ali, 1996. "Exact Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in a First- Order Autoregressive Model," Econometrics 9604001, EconWPA.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Paulo Jose Regis, 2008.
"Testing for PPP in Australia: evidence from unit root tests against nonlinear trend stationarity alternatives,"
2008/3, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Paulo José Regis, 2008. "Testing for PPP in Australia: Evidence from unit root test against nonlinear trend stationarity alternatives," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(27), pages 1-8.
- Newbold, Paul & Leybourne, Stephen & Wohar, Mark E., 2001. "Trend-stationarity, difference-stationarity, or neither: further diagnostic tests with an application to U.S. Real GNP, 1875-1993," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 85-102.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Chinn, Menzie D, 1997.
"Further Investigation of the Uncertain Unit Root in GNP,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 68-73, January.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn, 1996. "Further Investigation of the Uncertain Unit Root in GNP," NBER Technical Working Papers 0206, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie Chinn, 1995. "Further investigation of the uncertain unit root in GNP," Econometrics 9508002, EconWPA.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Hassapis, Christis & Pittis, Nikitas, 1998. "Unit roots and long-run causality: investigating the relationship between output, money and interest rates," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-112, January.
- Alain Paquet, 1998. "Prudence fiscale, indicateurs d'endettement et évolution de l'état des finances des administrations publiques au Canada," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 59, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1987. "Interpreting Evidence on Money-Income Causality," NBER Working Papers 2228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mukhtar M. Ali, 1996. "Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in a First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometrics 9610004, EconWPA.
- P. Indira Devi & K.R. Shanmugam, 2012. "Compensating Wages for Occupational Risks of Farm Workers in India," Working Papers 2012-071, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Mukhtar Ali, 2002. "Distribution Of The Least Squares Estimator In A First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 89-119.
- Aviral Tiwari & Amrit Chaudhari & K. Suresh, 2012. "Are Asian Per Capita GDP Stationary? Evidence from First and Second Generation Panel Unit Root Tests," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 3-11, September.
- Luis Gil-Alana, 2004. "Modelling the US real GNP with fractionally integrated techniques," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 873-879.
- K. Suresh & Aviral Tiwari, 2013. "Are Shocks to Real Output Permanent or Transitory? Evidence from a Panel of “Asean” Per Capita GDP Data," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 149-157, October.
- Tan, Anthony C.K. & Goh, Kim-Leng, 2009. "Financial Disintermediation in the 1990s : Implications on Monetary Policy in Malaysia," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 50(1), pages 1-27, June.
- Shami, R.G. & Forbes, C.S., 2000. "A structural Time Series Model with Markov Switching," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/00, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1988. "Estimation and Inference in Models of Cointegration: A Simulation Study," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 881, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paquet, Alain, 1999. "Prudence fiscale, indicateurs d’endettement et évolution de l’état des finances des administrations publiques au Canada," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 75(1), pages 475-518, mars-juin.
- D.K. Srivastava & K.R. Shanmugam, 2012. "Stationarity Test for Aggregate Outputs in the Presence of Structural Breaks," Working Papers 2012-072, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Diego Romero-Ávila, 2012. "Multiple trend shifts and unit roots in US state income levels: implications for long-run growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 641-661, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.