Microfinance Interventions and Impact Assessments on Enterprises Growth: Conceptual Model, Methodologies and Approaches
AbstractMicrofinance institutions are considered to be a strategic tool for the poverty reduction in the developing countries. However, the methodological procedures to assess their impacts on the enterprise growth are scantly developed. This paper therefore intends to develop a conceptual and methodological framework for examining the impact of the microfinance interventions on the growth of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) particularly for the developing countries. Following the theoretical discussions presented in this paper a conceptual framework is developed to show interrelated variables that should be assessed in examining the impact of microfinance intervention. From the framework, different methodologies are suggested in order to obtain accurate information that can explain the actual impact of the microfinance intervention.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin in its series Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development with number 1303.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Berlin Working Papers on Money, Finance, Trade and Development, August 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://finance-and-trade.htw-berlin.de
working paper; daadpartnership; finance-and-trade;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-MFD-2013-11-02 (Microfinance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
- M. A. Baqui Khalily, 2004. "Quantitative approach to impact analysis of microfinance programmes in Bangladesh-what have we learned?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 331-353.
- Hulme, David, 2000. "Impact Assessment Methodologies for Microfinance: Theory, Experience and Better Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 79-98, January.
- P. Mosley, 2001. "Microfinance and Poverty in Bolivia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 101-132.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Dr. Sebastian Dullien).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.