Missing trader fraud on the emissions market
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to show evidence and to quantify with forensic econometric methods the impact of the missing trader fraud on European carbon allowances markets. This fraud occurred mainly between the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009. In this paper, we explore the financial mechanisms of the fraud and the impact on the market behaviour as well as the consequences on its econometric features.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 10071.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
COE; Econometrie; fraud.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-10-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-10-30 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00505145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang Woon Nam & Rüdiger Parsche & Barbara Schaden, 2001. "Measurement of Value Added Tax Evasion in Selected EU Countries on the Basis of National Accounts Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 431, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marius-Cristian Frunza & Dominique Guegan & Antonin Lassoudière, 2010. "Dynamic factor analysis of carbon allowances prices : From classic Arbitrage Pricing Theory to Switching Regimes," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 10062, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Koop, Gary & Tole, Lise, 2011.
"Forecasting the European Carbon Market,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2011-20, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A. & Raimi, Daniel, 2012.
"Carbon Markets: Past, Present, and Future,"
dp-12-51, Resources For the Future.
- Fabrizio Borselli, 2011. "Organised VAT fraud: features, magnitude, policy perspectives," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 106, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Richard G. Newell & William A. Pizer & Daniel Raimi, 2013. "Carbon Markets 15 Years after Kyoto: Lessons Learned, New Challenges," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 123-46, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.