Les déterminants de la croissance économique en Afrique subsaharienne : une analyse empirique
AbstractThe paper investigates empirically the déterminants of per capita economic growth for a large sample of sub-saharan African countries during 1975-l992. It draws on the recent endogeous-growth methodology to study the factors behind differences in per capita growth rates accross these countries. With an augmented Solow rnodel that includes accumulation of human capital, the results indicate that an inctease in investment has a relatively large positive impact on per capita growth.Growth is stimulated by public policies that lower the budget deficit and the rate of inflation. These policies maintain externe competitiveness, encourage human capital development and slow population growt.Finally, per capita income converges after controlling for capital development... (Full text in French)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV in its series Documents de travail with number 29.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-01-31 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yves Abessolo, 2005. "Ouverture commerciale : condition de la contribution effective du capital humain à la croissance économique des pays en développement," Documents de travail 109, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.