Embarrassingly Easy Embarrassingly Parallel Processing in R: Implementation and Reproducibility
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Miami, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 2013-06.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 17 Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 248126, Coral Gables, FL 33124-6550
Phone: (305) 284-5540
Fax: (305) 284-2985
Web page: http://www.bus.miami.edu/faculty-and-research/academic-departments/economics/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Parallel processing; reproducibility; computational efficiency; bootstrap; nonlinear optimization; Monte Carlo;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Creel, 2007. "I ran four million probits last night: HPC clustering with ParallelKnoppix," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 215-223.
- Roger Koenker & Achim Zeileis, 2009. "On reproducible econometric research," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 833-847.
- Christopher A. Swann, 2001. "Software for parallel computing: the LAM implementation of MPI," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 185-194.
- Manuel Eugster & Jochen Knaus & Christine Porzelius & Markus Schmidberger & Esmeralda Vicedo, 2011. "Hands-on tutorial for parallel computing with R," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 219-239, June.
- Swann, Christopher A, 2002. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation Using Parallel Computing: An Introduction to MPI," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 145-78, April.
- Anson T. Y. Ho & Kim P. Huynh & David T. Jacho‐Chávez, 2011. "npRmpi: A package for parallel distributed kernel estimation in R," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 344-349, March.
- Evan Meredith & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2009. "Towards reproducible econometric research: the Sweave framework," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 366-374, 03.
- Michael Creel, 2005. "User-Friendly Parallel Computations with Econometric Examples," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 107-128, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Parmeter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.