Front-Running by Mutual Fund Managers : It Ain't That Bad
AbstractThis paper evaluates the welfare implications of front-running by mutual fund managers. It extends the model of Kyle (1985) to a situation in which the insider with fundamentals-information competes against an insider with trade-information and in which noise trading in endogenized.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 9618.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: Aug 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in European Finance Review, vol. 2 (1), 1998, pp. 29-56
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
front-running; insider trading; noise trading;
Other versions of this item:
- Danthine, J-P & Moresi, S, 1996. "Front-Running by Mutual Fund Managers : It Ain't That bad," Papers 96-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Moresi, Serge X, 1996. "Front-running by Mutual Fund Managers: It ain't that Bad," CEPR Discussion Papers 1528, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.