Currency Fluctuations vs. Interest and Inflation Differentials : Does the Double Equality Hold ?
AbstractCombining, as it does, three fundamental propositions ( uncovered interest rate parity, relative PPP, international equalization of the real return on capital), the double equality is found to hold in the long run with a striking degree of precision and reability when tested by means of a sample of 18 industrialized OECD countries over the 1976-1994 period.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 9607.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: Feb 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
exchange rates; interest differentials; inflation differentials; relative PPP; uncovered interest parity; real interest rate equalization; currency market equilibrium; international investment strategies; international economic competitiveness; monetary policy; Swiss economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Christian Lambelet & Alexander Mihailov, 2006.
"The Triple-Parity Law,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
33, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.