Buhlmann’s Economic Premium Principle in The Presence of Transaction Costs
AbstractThis paper examines the B¨uhlmann’s equilibrium pricing model (1980) in the presence of transaction cost and derives the (multivariate) Esscher transform within the framework under some assumptions. The result reveals that the Esscher transform is an appropriate probability transform for the pricing of insurance risks even in the market with transaction costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research in its series KIER Working Papers with number 893.
Date of creation: Mar 2014
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Equilibrium pricing; Equilibrium allocation; Incomplete market; Esscher transform; Transaction cost;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiaki Hara, 2013. "Asset Prices, Trading Volumes, and Investor Welfare in Markets with Transaction Costs," KIER Working Papers 862, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Knut K. Aase, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing in the Presence of Cumulative Dividends Following a Diffusion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 173-198.
- Kijima, Masaaki & Muromachi, Yukio, 2008. "An extension of the Wang transform derived from Bühlmann's economic premium principle for insurance risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 887-896, June.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- He, Lin & Liang, Zongxia, 2009. "Optimal financing and dividend control of the insurance company with fixed and proportional transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 88-94, February.
- Hojgaard, Bjarne & Taksar, Michael, 1998. "Optimal proportional reinsurance policies for diffusion models with transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 41-51, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.