Real time forecasts of inflation: the role of financial variables
AbstractINTRODUCTION;ROLE OF FINANCIAL VARIABLES;A TWO-STEP APPROACH TO MODEL INFLATION ; MODELLING LONG-MEDIUM TERM COMPONENT OF INFLATION ;A MIXED-FREQUENCY MODEL FOR REAL-TIME FORECASTS OF INFLATION; 4 TWO FORECASTING APPLICATIONS IN REAL-TIME; REAL-TIME FORECASTS OF MONTHLY INFLATION; MODEL FORECASTS VS MARKET EXPECTATIONS; CONCLUDING REMARKS; REFERENCES; APPENDIX
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance in its series Working Papers with number wp2011-6.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
forecasting inflation; real-time forecasts; dynamic factor models; MIDAS regression; economic derivatives.;
Other versions of this item:
- Libero Monteforte & Gianluca Moretti, 2013. "Real‐Time Forecasts of Inflation: The Role of Financial Variables," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(1), pages 51-61, 01.
- Libero Monteforte & Gianluca Moretti, 2010. "Real time forecasts of inflation: the role of financial variables," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 767, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G19 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels & Andros Kourtellos, 2010.
"Should Macroeconomic Forecasters Use Daily Financial Data and How?,"
Working Paper Series
42_10, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels & Andros Kourtellos, 2010. "Should macroeconomic forecasters use daily financial data and how?," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 09-2010, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Michael Funke & Hao Yu & Aaron Mehrota, 2011.
"Tracking Chinese CPI inflation in real time,"
Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers
21112, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Cecilia Frale & Libero Monteforte, 2011.
"FaMIDAS: A Mixed Frequency Factor Model with MIDAS structure,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
788, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Cecilia Frale & Libero Monteforte, . "FaMIDAS: A Mixed Frequency Factor Model with MIDAS structure," Working Papers 3, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Modugno, Michele, 2013.
"Now-casting inflation using high frequency data,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 664-675.
- J. Isaac Miller, 2012. "Mixed-frequency Cointegrating Regressions with Parsimonious Distributed Lag Structures," Working Papers 1211, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Cláudia Duarte, 2014. "Autoregressive augmentation of MIDAS regressions," Working Papers w201401, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Eric Ghysels & Andros Kourtellos & Elena Andreou, 2012. "Should macroeconomic forecasters use daily financial data and how?," 2012 Meeting Papers 1196, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marina Sabatini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.