Dynamic Efficiency in the Two-Sector Overlapping Generations Model
AbstractThis paper examines dynamic efficiency in the context of a two-sector overlappinggenerations model. First, conditions for dynamic efficiency in a centrally planned economy arederived. Then, in a competitive environment, the implications of dynamic (in)efficiency for thesteady state relative price and steady state welfare are demonstrated. For the special case of alog-linear world, the golden rule savings rate is identified along with restrictions on parametersthat yield dynamically efficient steady states. The results are further demonstrated via awelfare analysis of a simple tax/subsidy scheme.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 34856.
Date of creation: 27 Jan 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 2006, vol. 30 no. 11, pp. 1915-1936
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
dynamic efficiency; overlapping generations model; Two-Sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carine Nourry & Alain Venditti, 2009.
"Local indeterminacy under dynamic efficiency in a two-sector overlapping generations economy,"
- Nourry, Carine & Venditti, Alain, 2011. "Local indeterminacy under dynamic efficiency in a two-sector overlapping generations economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 164-169, March.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon & Carine Nourry & Alain Venditti, 2009.
"On efficiency and local uniqueness in two-sector OLG economies,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Drugeon, Jean-Pierre & Nourry, Carine & Venditti, Alain, 2010. "On efficiency and local uniqueness in two-sector OLG economies," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 120-144, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.