Determinants of Health Insurance Coverage for Family Farm Households: A Midwestern Study
AbstractData from interviews with a random sample of farm households in eight counties in southwestern Wisconsin are used to describe the distribution of health insurance coverage among households and health related fringe benefits of off-farm employment. An analysis of health insurance coverage shows major factors associated with lack of health insurance to include lower total household income, larger household size, and being more conservative regarding risk in farming. Although not significant, the signs of coefficients estimated for formal education and lacking fringe benefits in operator off-farm employment are consistent with expectations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 11237.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1987
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in North Central Journal of Agricultural Economics, January 1987, vol. 9 no. 1, pp. 145-155
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gripp, Sharon I. & Ford, Stephen A., 1997. "Health Insurance Coverage For Pennsylvania Dairy Farm Managers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), October.
- Sartwelle, James D., III & O'Brien, Daniel M. & Tierney, William I., Jr. & Eggers, Tim, 2000. "The Effect Of Personal And Farm Characteristics Upon Grain Marketing Practices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Ahearn, Mary Clare & El-Osta, Hisham & Mishra, Ashok K., 2013. "Considerations in Work Choices of U.S. Farm Households: The Role of Health Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.