Spatial Dimension of the Acceleration of Economic Growth in India
AbstractThe study of 20 state economies of India over the period 1960-61 to 1989-90 reveals that the phenomenon of acceleration in economic growth is spatially dispersed and covers about two-thirds of the national economy. The study also finds that most of the states experiencing growth acceleration are relatively less well off. There are marked tendencies for convergence of long term economic growth rate among Indian states. The growth experience and development strategies differ significantly among states. The leading states also show different patterns of growth. In the Indian industrial sector, the existence of a sharp north-south divide is further corroborated. The spatial dimension of economic growth in India needs further exploration and explanation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department in its series IIMA Working Papers with number WP1994-02-01_01243.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:iim:iimawp:750 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat Ramesh, . "Am Empirical Study of the Intertemporal Relations Among the Regional Share Price Indicators," IIMA Working Papers WP1988-05-01_00824, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- repec:iim:iimawp:691 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat Ramesh, . "Market-Wide Commonalities in Corporate Earnings and Significance Tests of Accounting Beta," IIMA Working Papers WP1988-05-01_00826, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Bhat Ramesh & Pandey I M, . "Efficient Market Hypothesis: Understanding and Acceptance in India," IIMA Working Papers WP1987-07-01_00767, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.