Intra-Industry Trade Dynamics in the East-West Relations
AbstractWe analyze the development of the Austrian, Dutch, German, Italian and Swedish trade structures (SITC two-digit levels) with Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic. We revealed that the increase of the intra-industry trade was a major feature of the trade development between 1989 and 1994. The structure of the trade between the EU and the CEEC approaches the structure of the intra-EU trade. The early leadership of Austria in relation with the CEEC was later replaced by Germany. The Netherlands showed a higher flexibility of total trade and of the trade with the CEEC than the other analyzed countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Advanced Studies in its series East European Series with number 52.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: Dec 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at/index.php3?id=310
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elżbieta Kawecka-Wyrzykowska, 2009. "Evolving pattern of intra-industry trade specialization of the new Member States (NMS) of the EU: the case of automotive industry," European Economy - Economic Papers 364, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Jarko Fidrmuc, 2005. "Trade Structure during Accession to the EU," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 225-234.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.