Regional convergence and divergence of the old-age dependency ratio in Korea
AbstractThis paper studies causal relation between the old-age dependency ratio and population change factors (fertility, mortality and migration), using the data of the administrative districtions of South Korea between 2005 to 2011. The main results show there is not panel Granger causality between the old-age dependency ratio and fertility but between the old-age dependency ratio and mortality/migration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute of Economic Research, Korea University in its series Discussion Paper Series with number 1210.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Old-age dependency ratio; convergence and divergence; Panel Granger causality test;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-10-20 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-10-20 (Demographic Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kim, Jisoo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.