Symmetry and Time Changed Brownian Motions
AbstractIn this paper we examine which Brownian Subordination with drift exhibits the symmetry property introduced by Fajardo and Mordecki (2006b). We obtain that when the subordination results in a Lévy process, a necessary and sufficient condition for the symmetry to hold is that drift must be equal to -1/2.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro in its series IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers with number 2008-02.
Date of creation: 26 Sep 2008
Date of revision:
Time Changed; Subordination; Symmetry;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-10-07 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2008-10-07 (Operations Research)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eberlein, Ernst & Keller, Ulrich & Prause, Karsten, 1998. "New Insights into Smile, Mispricing, and Value at Risk: The Hyperbolic Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(3), pages 371-405, July.
- José Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Pricing Derivatives On Two-Dimensional Lévy Processes," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 185-197.
- Ilya Molchanov & Michael Schmutz, 2009. "Exchangeability type properties of asset prices," Papers 0901.4914, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Márcio Laurini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.