Evaluating the Saskatchewan Short-Term Hog Loan Program
AbstractThe Saskatchewan short-term hog loan program of 2002 provided a non-market credit line to participating hog producers. The repayment conditions for cash advances committed to by the provincial government depend on later hog prices, and so the program has derivative contract attributes. We model the contracts and use an estimated spot price stochastic process to establish summary statistics for producer benefits from the program.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University in its series Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications with number 05-wp385.
Date of creation: Feb 2005
Date of revision:
agricultural policy; derivative contract; domestic support; international trade agreements.;
Other versions of this item:
- Donald Lien & David A. Hennessy, 2005. "Evaluating the Saskatchewan Short-Term Hog Loan Program," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 05-wp385, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Lien, Donald & Hennessy, David A., 2005. "Evaluating the Saskatchewan Short-Term Hog Loan Program," Staff General Research Papers 12254, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-04-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2006-04-22 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-04-22 (Financial Markets)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David A. Hennessy & Donald Lien, 2006.
"Ledger provision in hog marketing contracts,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(1), pages 77-89, May.
- David A. Hennessy & Donald Lien, 2003. "Ledger Provision in Hog Marketing Contracts," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp336, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hennessy, David A. & Lien, Donald, 2003. "Ledger Provision in Hog Marketing Contracts," Staff General Research Papers 10645, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.