On the Difficulty to Design Arabic E-learning System in Statistics
AbstractIn this paper, we present a case study, which describe the development of the Statistic e-learning-course in Arabic language –``Arabic MM*STAT´´. The basic frame forthis E-book, the system MM*STAT was developed at the School for Business and Economics of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. Arabic MM*STAT uses a HTML - based filing card structure. We discuss the difficulties of the implementation of such a system in to the standard WWW formats and present the solutions needed for Arab educational institutions and the Arabic user. Those solutions are consistent with the Arabic language, and include the modern trend in the e-learning environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2006-062.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
electronic books; Arabtex; MM*STAT; Statistical software;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:wop:humbsf:2000-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taleb Ahmed & Wolfgang Härdle & Sigbert Klinke, 2007. "Using Wiki to Build an E-learning System in Statistics in Arabic Language," SFB 649 Discussion Papers, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany SFB649DP2007-031, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Taleb Ahmad & Wolfgang Härdle & Sigbert Klinke & Shafeeqah Al Awadhi, 2008. "Using R, LaTeX and Wiki for an Arabic e-learning platform," SFB 649 Discussion Papers, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany SFB649DP2008-030, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.