Inequality and Mobility of Wealth in Sweden 1983/84 - 1992/93
AbstractUsing longitudinal data which include real estate wealth, financial assets as well as consumer durables, changes in the distribution of wealth in Sweden are related to major changes in asset prices and in incentives to hold various assets in the 1980s and the beginning of the 1990s. Our analysis of the mobility of wealth indicates that mobility is higher in Sweden than in the United States, while the analysis of who is gaining and who is loosing shows results similar to those of previous studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Uppsala University, Department of Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 1997:7.
Length: 38 pp.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Review of Income and Wealth, 1998, pages 473-495.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Bager-Sjogren, Lars & Klevmarken, N Anders, 1998. "Inequality and Mobility of Wealth in Sweden 1983/84-1992/93," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(4), pages 473-95, December.
- Bager-Sjogren, L. & Klevmarken, N.A., 1995. "Inequality and Mobility of Wealth in Sweden 1983/84 - 1992/93," Papers 21, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-08-03 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ohlsson, Henry & Roine, Jesper & Waldenstrom, Daniel, 2006.
"Long-Run Changes in the Concentration of Wealth: An Overview of Recent Findings,"
Working Paper Series
RP2006/103, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Waldenström, Daniel & Ohlsson, Henry & Roine, Jesper, 2007. "Long-Run Changes in the Concentration of Wealth: An Overview of Recent Findings," Working Paper Series 699, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Hallberg, Daniel, 2003. "A Description of Routes out of the Labor Force for Workers in Sweden," Working Paper Series 2003:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.