A note on the theory of investment: Hotelling's rule under process independence
AbstractThis note shows that the welll-known Hotelling rule holds for a wider class of capital investment projects with a property of process independence. Optimality behavior is therefore not a necessary condition for deriving the result.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Umeå University, Department of Economics in its series Umeå Economic Studies with number 752.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Hotelling's rule; capital investment and process independence;
Other versions of this item:
- Chuan-Zhong Li & Karl-Gustaf Löfgren, 2010. "A note on the theory of investment: Hotelling’s rule under process independence," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 55-60, July.
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.