A note on the theory of investment: Hotelling's rule under process independence
AbstractThis note shows that the welll-known Hotelling rule holds for a wider class of capital investment projects with a property of process independence. Optimality behavior is therefore not a necessary condition for deriving the result.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Umeå University, Department of Economics in its series Umeå Economic Studies with number 752.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Umeå University, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Hotelling's rule; capital investment and process independence;
Other versions of this item:
- Chuan-Zhong Li & Karl-Gustaf Löfgren, 2010. "A note on the theory of investment: Hotelling’s rule under process independence," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 55-60, July.
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.