The Investment Funds System Reconsidered
AbstractThis paper studies the effects of the Swedish investment funds system on the cost of capital. It is shown that the incentive effects critically depend on which "regime" it expects to be in in the future. For quite reasonable assumptions, investment funds system releases turn out to have much less impact on the incentive to invest than conventionally assumed. Copyright 1989 by The editors of the Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute of Industrial Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 174.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Dec 1986
Date of revision: Jan 1988
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Box 55665, SE-102 15 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 665 4500
Fax: +46 8 665 4599
Web page: http://www.ifn.se/
More information through EDIRC
Fund allocation; tax; investment incentive;
Other versions of this item:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Kevin Hassett & Jan Sodersten, 1996.
"Taxation and Corporate Investment: The Impact of the 1991 Swedish Tax Reform,"
NBER Working Papers
5189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Auerbach, A.J. & Hassett, K. & Sodersten, J., 1995. "Taxation and Corporate Investment: The Impact of the 1991 Swedish Tax Reform," Papers 8, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Davis, Steven J & Henrekson, Magnus, 1999.
" Explaining National Differences in the Size and Industry Distribution of Employment,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 59-83, February.
- Steven J. Davis & Magnus Henrekson, 1997. "Explaining National Differences in the Size and Industry Distribution of Employment," NBER Working Papers 6246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gunnar Forsling, 1998. "Utilization of tax allowances," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 96-109, Autumn.
- Agell, Jonas & Englund, Peter & Sodersten, Jan, 1996. "Tax Reform of the Century -- the Swedish Experiment," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(4), pages 643-64, December .
- Lindstrom, Tomas, 1998. "A fuzzy design of the willingness to invest in Sweden," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-17, July.
- Davis, Steven J. & Henrekson, Magnus, 1997. "Explaining National Differences in the Size and Industrial Distribution of Employment," Working Paper Series 482, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.