Northeast Asian Dynamism: Ten Top Impediments & Countermeasures
AbstractNortheast Asia has had trouble developing regional interaction, cooperation and market synergies; this paper summarizes key impediments and proposes various countermeasures. Suggestions include improvements in administrative transparency and property law, building on EU and ASEAN organizing experiences through benchmarking, and offering free or low-cost land to boost migration & investment. A bilingual annotated appendix lists over fifty multilateral coordinating initiatives & key organizations involved with Northeast Asia regional development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The European Institute of Japanese Studies in its series EIJS Working Paper Series with number 145.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 01 May 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The European Institute of Japanese Studies, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/eijs/
More information through EDIRC
regionalism; cooperation; tradition; infrastructural development; rapprochement; bridging historical frictions; land rush; opportunity costs & competitiveness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- P49 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nanhee Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.