Stationary-excess operator and convex stochastic orders
AbstractThe present paper aims to point out how the stationary-excess operator and its iterates transform the s-convex stochastic orders and the associated moment spaces. This allows us to propose a new unified method on constructing s-convex extrema for distributions that are known to be t-monotone. Both discrete and continuous cases are investigated. Several extremal distributions under monotonicity conditions are derived. They are illustrated with some applications in insurance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00442047.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Insurance Mathematics and Economics, 2010, 47, 64-75
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00442047/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Insurance risks; s-convex stochastic orders; Extremal distributions; t-monotone distributions; Stationary-excess operator; Discrete and continuous versions.;
Other versions of this item:
- Lefèvre, Claude & Loisel, Stéphane, 2010. "Stationary-excess operator and convex stochastic orders," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 64-75, August.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
- Cheng, Yu & Pai, Jeffrey S., 2003. "On the nth stop-loss transform order of ruin probability," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 51-60, February.
- Jansen, K. & Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M. J., 1986. "Upper bounds on stop-loss premiums in case of known moments up to the fourth order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 315-334, October.
- Denuit, Michel & Lefevre, Claude & Mesfioui, M'hamed, 1999. "On s-convex stochastic extrema for arithmetic risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 143-155, November.
- Denuit, Michel & Vylder, Etienne De & Lefevre, Claude, 1999. "Extremal generators and extremal distributions for the continuous s-convex stochastic orderings," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 201-217, May.
- Denuit, Michel & Lefevre, Claude, 1997. "Some new classes of stochastic order relations among arithmetic random variables, with applications in actuarial sciences," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 197-213, October.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750562 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manel Kacem & Claude Lefèvre & Stéphane Loisel, 2013. "Convex extrema for nonincreasing discrete distributions: effects of convexity constraints," Working Papers hal-00912942, HAL.
- Claude Lefèvre & Stéphane Loisel, 2013. "On multiply monotone distributions, continuous or discrete, with applications," Post-Print, HAL hal-00750562, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.