Migration Processes in Russia in 2012
AbstractThe State Migration Policy Concept of the Russian Federation through 2025 was adopted in Russia in 2012 after an extended discussion. The Concept is the second one in the Russian modern history. The first one – The Migration Process Regulation Concept of the Russian Federation – was issued in 2003 but failed to be implemented both due to the fact that “the rigor of the laws is commonly mitigated by non-compliance therewith in Russia” and some of the provisions of the above document were rendered a priori impossible and its analytical quality was found to be hit-or-miss.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Published Papers with number 160.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision: 2013
Publication status: Published Paper Series
Russian economy; migration; labor migration; domestic migration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-09-28 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2013-09-28 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-MIG-2013-09-28 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2013-09-28 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.