Russian Oil and Gas Sector in 2012
AbstractOil and gas production remain the core sector of Russia economy, which has a leading role in generating federal budget revenue and this country’s balance of trade. The factors that exerted the most significant influence on the development of the oil and gas sector of the Russian economy in 2012 were the situation on the world oil market; the situation on the European gas market; and the objective deterioration of the conditions for the extraction of oil and natural gas, which is associated with a declining production at the ‘old’ deposits and the considerably higher costs of the development of new ones, especially in unpopulated areas with no infrastructure..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Published Papers with number 151.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision: 2013
Publication status: Published Paper Series
Russian economy; oil world prices; oil production structure; oil and gas exports; tax regulation of the oil and gas sector;
Other versions of this item:
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-09-26 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2013-09-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2013-09-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-09-26 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.