Rural Development Strategy: Eastern Europe and Central Asia
AbstractThis paper summarizes the World Bank assistance strategy for rural development in the ECA region. The rural sector includes the people; economic; development activities; institutional, economic, and social infrastructure; and natural resources in rural areas and is thus not confined to agriculture. This paper focuses on Bank activities that support rural development and policy reforms designed to improve rural well-being and increase the competitiveness of farms and rural businesses.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 484.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
RURAL DEVELOPMENT ; ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ; NATURAL RESOURCES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N55 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Asia including Middle East
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malcolm D. Childress, 2002. "Policy questions for a second decade of rural change in Central|Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 979-985.
- Dirk Bezemer & Zvi Lerman, 2004. "Rural livelihoods in Armenia," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 333-348.
- Wehrheim, Peter & Wiesmann, Doris M., 2006. "Food Security Analysis and Policies for Transition Countries," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 3(2).
- Lerman, Zvi, 2001. "A Decade Of Land Reform And Farm Restructuring: What Russia Can Learn From The World Experience," Discussion Papers 14985, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.