Economic Research on the Determinants of Immigration. Lesons for the European Union
AbstractThis publication summarizes some of the key research findings from current literature and applies the lessons from it to the potential migration problem faced by countries in the EU. Its main objective is to present a review of existing economic theory and empirical evidence to evaluate the likelihood of migration flows from acceding or neighboring countries toward the current EU member states.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 438.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
IMMIGRATION ; GOVERNMENT POLICY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Elena Giachin Ricca, 2010.
"Beyond the Joneses: inter-country income comparisons and happiness,"
Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica
82/2010, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Castriota, Stefano & Corrado, Luisa & Ricca, Elena Giachin, 2013. "Beyond the Joneses: Inter-country income comparisons and happiness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 187-195.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Elena Giachin, 2010. "Beyond the Joneses: inter-country income comparisons and happiness," Econometica Working Papers wp25, Econometica.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Elena Giachin, 2011. "Beyond the Joneses: Inter-country income comparisons and happiness," Working Papers 189, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Poverty Relationships," IZA Discussion Papers 1338, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Russo, Giuseppe, 2008.
"Voting over Selective Immigration Policies with Immigration Aversion,"
6845, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Russo, 2011. "Voting over selective immigration policies with immigration aversion," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 325-351, December.
- Giuseppe Russo, 2011. "Voting over Selective Immigration Policies with Immigration Aversion," CSEF Working Papers 289, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Giuseppe Russo, 2008. "Voting over Selective Immigration Policies with Immigration Aversion," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_14, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- d'Artis Kancs & Julda Kielyte, 2010.
"Education in the East, Emigrating to the West?,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2010_01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Solimano, Andres, 2001. "International migration and the global economic order : an interview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2720, The World Bank.
- Stephen Drinkwater, 2003. "Go West? Assessing the willingness to move from Central and Eastern European Countries," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0503, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Agnes Hars, 2003. "Channeled East-West labour migration in the frame of bilateral agreements," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0301, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.