Rurrain Trade Policy reform for WTO Accession
AbstractRussia has manifested considerable interest in accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO). This volume contains four policy papers that focus on the most prominent topics during the ongoing WTO accession process: (1) the dispersion of Russia's tariff structure; (2) trade and investment in the service sectors; (3) the treatment of state trading enterprises; and (4) the policy regime governing foreign direct investment. Bringing the Russian Federation into the rules-based WTO system is an objective broadly shared by the world community. Accession to the WTO comes at a critical juncture for the Russian government to focus on many important policy issues to stimulate growth. As part of the process of making liberalization commitments, as required by the existing members of the WTO, accession provides an opportunity to lock in reforms.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 401.
Length: 87 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; ECONOMIC REFORM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2003. "Russia : Development Policy Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13874, The World Bank.
- Harry Broadman & Francesca Recanatini, 2002. "Corruption and Policy: Back to the Roots," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 37-49.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.