The Gender Wage Gap: What has Happened Between 1973 and 1990 in Australia?
AbstractThe current study examines the change in the gender wage gap in Australia over the period 1973 to 1990. The Juhn and Pierce (1991) decomposition is used in order to evaluate the role and relative contribution of changes in observed and unobserved skills and their prices.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tasmania - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 1996-09.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, HOBART TASMANIA 7001 AUSTRALIA.
Phone: +61 3 6226 7672
Fax: +61 3 6226 7587
Web page: http://www.utas.edu.au/economics-finance/
More information through EDIRC
WAGES; WOMEN; LABOUR MARKET;
Other versions of this item:
- Spilsbury, Stephanie & Kidd, Michael P, 1997. "The Gender Wage Gap: What Has Happened between 1973 and 1990 in Australia?," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(69), pages 205-23, December.
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.