Food Services Competition in the 1990s
AbstractThis article examines how food service providers and food stores competed for Canadians' food dollars in the 1990s, and how this intense competition affected both industries. The article outlines some reasons for changes in both the demand for, and supply of, each industry's outputs. It also profiles in detail some characteristics of the consumer market for food services.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Statistique Canada, Sciences et technologie- in its series Papers with number 32.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; STATISTIQUE CANADA; Division des services, des sciences et de technologie. TUNNEY'S PASTURE OT TAWA ONTARIO K1A OT6 CANADA
Web page: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
SERVICE INDUSTRY ; FOOD;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zafiriou, Margaret & Smith, David, 2002. "Overview Of Agriculture Structural Parameters For Canada," Structural Change as a Source of Trade Disputes Under NAFTA; Proceedings of the 7th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2001 16866, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.