What's Wrong with Management Accounting Research? The Potential of Ethnography
AbstractRecently, Hammersley (What's Wrong with Ethnography: Routledge: 1992) and Silverman ( Interpreting Qualitative Data: 1993) have de-emphasised the distinction between qualitative and quantitative research and suggested to integrate them to make social science more valid. I argue that the management accounting research ahould be aware of that debate, but that the resort to "little tables" which intersperse the qualitative analysis with simple, supportive statistics is a second best option for this field.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science in its series Papers with number 96-124.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Southampton, Department of Accounting & Mangement Science, Southampton S09 5NH UK.
Phone: 44 0173 592537/592555
Fax: 44 0173 593858
Web page: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~econweb/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M49 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.