Pricing Foreign Currency and Cross-Currency Options Under GARCH
AbstractThe main objective of this paper is to propose an alternative valuation framework for pricing foreign currency and cross-currency options, which is capable of accommodating existing empirical regularities. The paper generalizes the GARCH option princing methodology of Duan (1995) to a two-country setting.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto in its series Rotman School of Management - Finance with number 99-01.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rotman School of Management. 105 St. George Street. Toronto, Ontario. Canada M5S 3E6
Web page: http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/
More information through EDIRC
PRICING ; CURRENCIES ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Menn & Svetlozar Rachev, 2009. "Smoothly truncated stable distributions, GARCH-models, and option pricing," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2011. "Foreign equity option pricing under stochastic volatility model with double jumps," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1857-1863, July.
- Hossein-Yekani, Seyed-Ali & Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad, 2006. "The importance of developing future contracts: a case study of Iran Agricultural Commodity Exchanges," MPRA Paper 29593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2011. "Accounting for the impact of higher order moments in foreign equity option pricing model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1726-1729, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.