Pricing Foreign Currency and Cross-Currency Options Under GARCH
AbstractThe main objective of this paper is to propose an alternative valuation framework for pricing foreign currency and cross-currency options, which is capable of accommodating existing empirical regularities. The paper generalizes the GARCH option princing methodology of Duan (1995) to a two-country setting.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto in its series Rotman School of Management - Finance with number 99-01.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rotman School of Management. 105 St. George Street. Toronto, Ontario. Canada M5S 3E6
Web page: http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/
More information through EDIRC
PRICING ; CURRENCIES ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2011. "Foreign equity option pricing under stochastic volatility model with double jumps," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1857-1863, July.
- Xu, Weidong & Wu, Chongfeng & Li, Hongyi, 2011. "Accounting for the impact of higher order moments in foreign equity option pricing model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1726-1729, July.
- Christian Menn & Svetlozar Rachev, 2009. "Smoothly truncated stable distributions, GARCH-models, and option pricing," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Hossein-Yekani, Seyed-Ali & Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad, 2006. "The importance of developing future contracts: a case study of Iran Agricultural Commodity Exchanges," MPRA Paper 29593, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.