Management of Musicians: An Exploratory Economic Analysis
AbstractManagement of artists is a generally neglected area of cultural economics research, despite the high profile that agent-artist relations have enjoyed in the popular media and specialist music literature. This paper identifies the specific functions of agents and draws upon transaction cost analysis to devise a stylised model of the nature and evolution of agent-artist relaitons. Particular attention is focused upon the implications of this model for the size of the artist roster held by a particular agent.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Portsmouth University - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 114.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.K.; University of Portsmouth; Department of Economics, Locksway Road, Milton, Southsea Hants PO4 8JF, UK
Phone: 44 (0)1705 844082
Fax: +44 (0)1705 844037
Web page: http://www.pbs.port.ac.uk/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
MANAGEMENT ; ARTISTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.