Exchange Rate Regimes and Business Cycle Properties: Some Stylized Facts
AbstractThis paper aims at measuring the robustness of Real Business Cycle international stylized facts across exchange rate regimes. I thus investigate th e impact of the Bretton Woods System and the ERM on the business cycle regularities. Thanks to bootstrap techniques, I measure the accuracy of the statistics. While exchange rate variability is sensitive to the nature of the exchange rate regime, the volatility of macroeconomic fundamentals does not differ across exchange rate regimes. Moreover, there is evidence that fixed-rates enhance international comovement of ouput, consumption and investment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications with number 1999.51.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
EXCHANGE RATE ; FINANCIAL POLICY ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sylvain Leduc, 2000.
"Why Is the Business Cycle Behavior of Fundamentals Alike Across Exchange Rate Regimes?,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1843, Econometric Society.
- Dedola, Luca & Leduc, Sylvain, 2001. "Why Is the Business-Cycle Behaviour of Fundamentals Alike across Exchange-Rate Regimes?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 401-19, October.
- Luca Dedola & Sylvain Leduc, 2001. "Why Is the Business-Cycle Behavior of Fundamentals Alike Across Exchange-Rate Regimes?," Working Papers 53, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Luca Dedola & Sylvain Leduc, 2001. "Why is the Business-Cycle Behavior of Fundamentals Alike Across Exchange-Rate Regimes?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 411, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luca Dedola & Sylvain Leduc, 2002. "Why are business cycles alike across exchange-rate regimes?," Working Papers 02-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Luca Dedola & Sylvain Leduc, 1999. "On exchange rate regimes, exchange rate fluctuations, and fundamentals," Working Papers 99-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.