Historical Developments of Korean Capitalism. The Hyundai Business Group, 1940s-1990s
AbstractThe chaebol, family-controlled conglomerates, which now dominate the South Korean economy constitute a unique type of business enterprise in the development worldwide of capitalist economies. With the support of a developmentalist state, the chaebol played a central role in rapid industrialisation of the South Korean economy, which in turn facilitated the transformation of what were originally small, family capitalist enterprises in the late 1940s, to large scale industrial enterprises in the 1990s.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of New South Wales. Department of Industrial Relations. in its series Papers with number 115.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Australia; The University of New South Wales. Department of Industrial Relations. P.O. Box 1, Kingsington, NSW 2033, Australia
KOREA ; CAPITALISM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- N75 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.