The Silver Age of Manufacturing in Norway: New Estimates of the Growth in Industrial Production 1927-1948
AbstractNew indices of manufacturing output in Norway for the years 1927 to 1948 are presented. The new output estimates show a trend rate of growth of output for the period 1927-1939 that is 0.8 per cent higher per year than the growth rate based on the official index. These findings reinforce the view that the 1930s were a period of surprisingly rapid output growth, equalling the growth rates of the 'Golden Age' of the 1950s and 1960s.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration- in its series Papers with number 9/96.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: NORWEGIAN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, HELLEVEIEN 30, 5035 BERGEN SANDVIKEN NORWAY.
Phone: 5595 9000
Fax: 5595 9100
Web page: http://www.nhh.no/
More information through EDIRC
MANUFACTURES; NORWAY; ECONOMIC GROWTH; INDUSTRY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L69 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.