Miscalculations of Monopoly and Oligopoly Welfare Losses with Linear Demand
AbstractThis paper extends a model of symmetric oligopoly with linear demand and constant long-run marginal costs to include more general forms of demand and examines the effects of non-linearity upon dead-weight welfare losses at the monopoly and oligopoly outcomes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Nantes - Economie Internationale et de l'Entreprise in its series Papers with number 274.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universite de Nantes, Centre d'Etudes sur l'Economie Internationale et l'Entreprise. 110, Bd. Michelet 44071 Nantes CEDEX 03 France.
More information through EDIRC
LINEAR MODELS ; OLIGOPOLIES ; MONOPOLIES ; SOCIAL WELFARE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Corchón Luis Carlos & Zudenkova Galina, 2013.
"The Welfare Effects of Location and Quality in Oligopoly,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1143-1178, July.
- Luis C. Corchón & Galina Zudenkova, 2010. "The Welfare Effects of Location and Quality in Oligopoly," Economics Working Papers we102008, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Zudenkova, Galina, 2009.
"Computing welfare losses from data under imperfect competition with heterogeneous goods,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 646-654, November.
- Luis C. Corchon & Galina Zudenkova, 2008. "Computing welfare losses from data under imperfect competition with heterogeneous goods," Economics Working Papers we082616, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Luis Corchón & Félix Marcos, 2010. "Price regulation in oligopoly," Economics Working Papers we100101, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Luis C. Corchon, 2006.
"Welfare losses under cournot competition,"
Economics Working Papers
we063910, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.