Further Evidence on the Relationship between Beta Stability and the length of the Estimation Period
AbstractThis paper extends the existing literature into the relationship between beta stability and the length of the estimation period. Specifically of our analysis in the use of powerful new econometrics tests and their application to non-US data, namely, Australian monthly stock returns.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Melbourne - Centre in Finance in its series Papers with number 96-10.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre in Finance, Department of Economics and Finance, Faculty of Business, RMIT GPO Box 2476V Melbourne, Vic 3000 Australia.
Phone: +61 3 9925 5858
Fax: +61 3 9925 5986
Web page: http://www.rmit.edu.au/bus/ecofin
More information through EDIRC
TESTS; FINANCIAL MARKET; EVALUATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Yew, Kee Ho, 1997. "A new test of the relationship between regulatory change in financial markets and the stability of beta risk of depository institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ariff, Mohamed, 1998. "An investigation into the extent of beta instability in the Singapore stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 87-101, May.
- Abu Taher Mollik & M. Khokan Bepari, 2010. "Instability of stock beta in Dhaka Stock Exchange, Bangladesh," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(10), pages 886-902, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.