A Theory of Trustees, and Other Thoughts
AbstractIndependent central bankers and judges can both be more usefully viewed as examples of trustees than as agents. A trust is alegal insitution with rules set up by a settlor, administered by a trustee on behlaf of beneficiaries. Public trustees often are motivated more by Pride, Policy, Place and Power than by money, and economists should take this into account.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indiana - Center for Econometric Model Research in its series Papers with number 98-007.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Indiana University, Center for Econometric Model Research, Department of Economics; Bloomington, IN 47405.
Web page: http://www.indiana.edu/~econweb/
More information through EDIRC
CENTRAL BANKS ; TRUSTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barsky, Adam J. & Islam, Gazi & Zyphur, Michael J. & Johnson, Emily, 2006. "Investigating the Effects of Moral Disengagement and Participation on Unethical Work Behavior," Insper Working Papers wpe_62, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.