Economic Growth and Labour Productivity in Europe: Half a Century of East-West Comparisons
AbstractThis paper discusses the comparative productivity performance of Eastern and Western Europe since 1950. Firstly, it looks at the productivity estimates since the beginning of transition in 1989. Secondly an historical approach is adopted by taking into account the growth performance of CEEC's for the period 1950-1989. Thirdly the paper takes a look at the convergence and divergence trends in productivity since 1950.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research- in its series Papers with number gd-41.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: STATE UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC RESEARCH, GRONINGEN THE NETHERLANDS.
Phone: 31 50 363 3749
Fax: 31 50 363 3720
Web page: http://www.rug.nl/research/som-ri/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; PRODUCTIVITY ; LABOUR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kravtsova, Victoria & Radosevic, Slavo, 2012.
"Are systems of innovation in Eastern Europe efficient?,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 109-126.
- Kravtsova, V & Radosevic, S, 2012. "Are systems of innovation in Eastern Europe efficient?," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.