Growth and Divergence in Manufacturing Performance in South and East Asia
AbstractThe growth experience in manufacturing in South and East Asian economies is well documented. Less is known about absolute levels of economic performance. This paper presents a star comparison of six Asian economies (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan) and the USA, the world productivity leader in manufacturing. The comparison of manufacturing performance is based on an industry of origin approach.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research- in its series Papers with number 37.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: STATE UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC RESEARCH, GRONINGEN THE NETHERLANDS.
Phone: 31 50 363 3749
Fax: 31 50 363 3720
Web page: http://www.rug.nl/research/som-ri/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; MANUFACTURES ; ASIA;
Other versions of this item:
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Szirmai, Adam, 1997. "Growth and Divergence in Manufacturing Performance in South and East Asia," GGDC Research Memorandum 199737, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Landesmann, Michael A. & Stehrer, Robert, 2001. "Convergence patterns and switchovers in comparative advantage," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 399-423, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.