Canada's Post-War Manufacturing Performance: A Comparison with the United States
AbstractThis paper addresses Canada's post-war manufacturing productivity performance as compared with the United States. It follows up on earlier studies, including Maddison (1952), West (1971), Frank (1977), and Roa and Lempriere (1992). Among others, productivity represents the key to international competitiveness and rising living standards. Labour productivity of a firm or a country can be defined as the quantity of output produced with a given level of labour input.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research- in its series Papers with number 32.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: STATE UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC RESEARCH, GRONINGEN THE NETHERLANDS.
Phone: 31 50 363 3749
Fax: 31 50 363 3720
Web page: http://www.rug.nl/research/som-ri/
More information through EDIRC
CANADA ; MANUFACTURES ; PRODUCTIVITY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- N62 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raa, T. ten & Mohnen, P., 2000.
"Neoclassical Growth Accounting and Frontier Analysis: A Synthesis,"
2000-67, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Thijs Raa & Pierre Mohnen, 2002. "Neoclassical Growth Accounting and Frontier Analysis: A Synthesis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 111-128, September.
- Raa, T. ten & Mohnen, P., 2002. "Neoclassical growth accounting and frontier analysis: A synthesis," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-90106, Tilburg University.
- Mohnen, Pierre & ten Raa, Thijs, 2000.
"A general equilibrium analysis of the evolution of Canadian service productivity,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 491-506, December.
- Mohnen, P. & Raa, T. ten, 2000. "A general equilibrium analysis of the evolution of Canadian service productivity," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86157, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.