Case Studies on the Prevention of Racial Discrimination and Xenophobia and the Promotion of Equal Treatment in the Workplace. Austria
AbstractEducational measures can only help with certain aspects of racism, sexism, etc. They can help the subject to reflect on the adequacy of the criteria it applies in judging persons it does not know personally. But education does not remove the causes inviting the subject to make categorical distinctions between, for instance, long settled immigrants and natives. It may at times be useful to address the symptoms of racism, and to do so educationally, but it must not ne overlooked that much racism has its origin in economic inequality.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and - in its series Papers with number 97/34.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions. Loughlinstown House, Shankill, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Web page: http://www.eurofound.eu.int/
More information through EDIRC
DISCRIMINATION ; LABOUR ; AUSTRIA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.