Open Market Operations in EU Countries
AbstractThe increasing weight of open market transactions in central bank operations and the widening use of purchase agreements underlines a progress towards convergence of monetary policy instruments and procedures in EU countries. This paper presents a survey of features of open market operations currently employed by EU central banks.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Monetary Institute in its series Papers with number 3.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: European Monetary Institute. Kaiserstrasse 29, D-60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Phone: +49 69 1344 0
Fax: +49 69 1344 6000
Web page: http://www.ecb.int/
More information through EDIRC
MONETARY POLICY ; CENTRAL BANKS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard W. Kopcke, 2002. "The practice of central banking in other industrialized countries," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 2, pages 3-9.
- Bartolini, Leonardo & Bertola, Giuseppe & Prati, Alessandro, 2002.
"The Overnight Interbank Market: Evidence from the G7 and the Euro Zone,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3090, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Prati, Alessandro & Bartolini, Leonardo & Bertola, Giuseppe, 2003. "The overnight interbank market: Evidence from the G-7 and the Euro zone," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 2045-2083, October.
- Alessandro Prati & Leonardo Bartolini & Giuseppe Bertola, 2001. "The overnight interbank market: evidence from the G-7 and the Euro zone," Staff Reports 135, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Sicilia, Jorge & Gaspar, Vítor, 2001.
"The ECB monetary policy strategy and the money market,"
47, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Gaspar, Vitor & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Sicilia, Jorge, 2001. "The ECB Monetary Policy Strategy and the Money Market," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 325-42, October.
- Gaspar, Vítor & Pérez Quirós, Gabriel & Sicilia, Jorge, 2001. "The ECB monetary policy strategy and the money market," Working Paper Series 0069, European Central Bank.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Forssbæck , Jens, 2007.
"The Transition to Marked-Based Monetary Policy: What Can China Learn from the European Experience?,"
Working Paper Series
696, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Forssbaeck, Jens & Oxelheim, Lars, 2007. "The transition to market-based monetary policy: What can China learn from the European experience?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 257-283, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.