The Estimation of Deposit Insurance with Interest Rate Risk
AbstractThis paper uses the transformed data method proposed in Duan (1994) to develop a maximum likelihood procedure for the estimation of the deposit insurance pricing model of Duan, Moreau and Sealey (1995). An empirical analysis is carried out on ten large US banks to illustrate the proposed methodology, and the results are compared to those obtained woth the modified Ronn and Verma approach used in Duan, Moreau and Sealey (1995). The findings reveal that the maximum likelihood estimates produce large estiomates of the deposits insurance premia, when compared to the modified Ronnand Verma (1986) approach.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques. in its series Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal- with number 98-07.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; ECOLE DES HAUTES ETUDES COMMERCIALES(H.E.C.),3000, chemin de la Cote-Sainte-Catherine. Montreal (Quebec) Canada H3T 2A7.
Web page: http://www.hec.ca/
More information through EDIRC
INTEREST RATE ; RISK ; INSURANCE ; PRICING ; SIMULATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Morel, 2000. "Deposit Insurance as a Tool for Banking Supervision," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 60(5), pages 233-244.
- Christophe-Alain Morel, 2000. "L’assurance des dépôts, un instrument de la régulation bancaire," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 60(5), pages 237-248.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.