Why Firms Comply Voluntarily with IAS: An Empirical Analysis with Swiss Data
AbstractIn Switzerland the use of International Accounting Standards (IAS) is allowed as an alternative to national rules for the preparation of consolidated financial statements. This opportunity has been widely used, since about 40% of Swiss listed compagnies do comply with IAS. Because of permissiveness and low disclosure requirements of the Swiss accounting regulation, compliance with IAS implies additional disclosure and renouncement of a considerable discretion in accounting practices. The aim of this paper is to determine the characteristics of firms which voluntarily choose to incure these additional costs.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve- in its series Papers with number 96.17.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Suisse; Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve, faculte des SES. 102 Bb. Carl-Vogt CH - 1211 Geneve 4, Suisse
Phone: (+ 41 22) 705-8263
Fax: (+ 41 22) 705-8293
Web page: http://www.unige.ch/gsem/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.