Random or Non-Random Matching? Implications for the Use of the UV Curve as a Measure of Matching Performance
AbstractThe instability of the Beveridge curve in Britain since the mid-50s has been interpreted as revealing a deterioration of labour market effectiveness in matching vacancies to unemployed job-seekers. This paper attemps to repeat the stability analysis of the matching technology, having relaxed some of the restrictions generally imposed in deriving a Beveridge curve.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics in its series Papers with number 13.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: United Kingdom; Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics and Statistics, Oxford University. Manor Road. Oxford OX1 3Ul
Web page: http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
LABOUR MARKET ; JOB SEEKERS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frijters, Paul & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2003.
"Job Search with Nonparticipation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3922, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Frijters & Bas van der Klaauw, 2003. "Job Search with Nonparticipation," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 168d, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Paul Frijters & Bas van der Klaau, 2003. "Job Search with Nonparticipation," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2003-3, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Frijters, Paul & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2004. "Job Search with Nonparticipation," IZA Discussion Papers 1407, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jorge Lopez Tamayo & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1999. "El desempleo espanol: factores estructurales," Working Papers in Economics 53, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Aki Kangasharju & Jaakko Pehkonen & Sari Pekkala, 2003. "Matching in thin labour markets: panel data evidence from Finland, 1991-2002," ERSA conference papers ersa03p208, European Regional Science Association.
- Wall, Howard J & Zoega, Gylfi, 2002.
" The British Beveridge Curve: A Tale of Ten Regions,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(3), pages 261-80, July.
- Wall, Howard & Zoega, Gylfi, 1997. "The British Beveridge Curve: A Tale of Ten Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 1771, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Howard J. Wall & Gylfi Zoega, 2001. "The British Beveridge curve: a tale of ten regions," Working Papers 2001-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kenjiro Hori, 2005. "Job Matching with Multiple-Hiring Firms and Heterogeneous Workers: A Microfoundation," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0514, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.